Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Scrapbook * Your * Goals

Page 1: My Long-Term Goals
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
Pages 2 & 3 : Lose weight (working on it); See Oprah show (accomplished!)
Pages 4 & 5: Travel to Europe (accomplished!);
Get Master's degree
(working on it now)
Page 6: Be a speaker at a Women's Conference
(yep, that's one of my goals!)
Page 7: Catch up with my scrapbooking
(Ha!!)
Page 8: Become a published writer
(No, a blog doesn't count. . .I'm thinking magazine articles; maybe children's books)
Page 9: Learn to tap dance
(yep, another one of my goals that I bet you didn't know!)


Okay, confirmed scrapbooker or not, here's something everyone can do! Grab a small scrapbook --- a 6" x 6", 8" x 8", 5" x 7", whatever ---- and 'scrap' your goals. Write what you want, what you hope to do, what you've dreamed about doing. My GOALS scrapbook was written in 2003. I just sat down and made a list of my long-term goals, then placed a few visuals in a scrapbook as a reminder of what I wanted to accomplish. Then, as you accomplish each goal, put a picture of yourself in the book!

In 2005, I got to travel to Chicago to see an Oprah show! In June/July of 2007, I traveled to Europe (Greece). (Yes, I'm behind on this----I haven't yet placed my picture in my scrapbook of my travel to Europe). Two of my long-term goals are completed! I'm working on my Master's degree right now, and will be finished by this summer. Yeah--- three down! Some of my other goals are pretty doable --- after all, there are tap dance classes offered locally. Some are more of a stretch --- not so sure about being a speaker at a conference, nor if I'll have the time anytime soon to pursue writing --- but I have my goals all plotted out and documented in my 5" x 7" scrapbook!

It's an easy project, and fun to do. . . .and it helps keep me focused on what I want to accomplish in the future. Best of all, there are lots of extra pages still in the book so I can add more goals as I accomplish the ones I already have!

So get going ---- scrapbook YOUR goals!

1 comment:

aj said...

Hey B!

Well, you KNOW you are going to be the main speaker at "Bethapalooza 2010", right?? (or did Linda and I forget to tell you that we are plotting this?!?!) hehe I've already told Michael that we are going. We'll have to let him hang out with Dave though.

Here's an idea for getting published . . . might not be EXACTLY what you were thingking of, but it could at least be a springboard for bigger things:

Think about submitting some of your crafty ideas to magazines. I know (via the web) a lot of the crafters and artists who have their projects published in 'Create & Decorate' magazine.
And there are a lot of card making and scrapbooking magazines out there.

Congrats on the goals you've accomplished! And have FUN accomplishing the others! (I can't beleive you've been to Oprah!?!?! I am SOOOOOO jealous!)

aj