Friday, January 4, 2008

"It is what it is"


This week as I was packing up my Christmas things, I stopped to take a special look at my Christmas bears. Their little faces are so cute! You'll understand what I mean if, when you go in a store to buy some sort of stuffed animal, you look for the "right" one ---- the one whose face 'looks' at you & seems to talk to you. My bears were looking at me as I said goodbye to each one and gently put them in tissue paper and then into the red & green container that they'll live in until next Christmas. (Luckily, my other collection of bears, with their own sweet little faces, will come out to take the place of their Christmas counterparts!)

So my decorations are all put away, and of course, I'm thinking of the new year. And one of my sayings this year is : "It is what it is". My feeling is that a lot of times we're all getting worked up over things that just are. . . . .I mean, we're expending too much energy getting upset over things. They are what they are, and we have to know that, and accept that. We don't have to like it. We can still work to change things we don't like. But some things just are what they are. We need to start at that point and move forward. Let's use our energy to move forward, not to lament what already is.

Okay, for a creative fix, go to: http://timholtz.com/vid_grungeboard.html and check out the cool new product that Tim is showing. How fun does that look? I can't wait to get my hands on some!

Quote for today:
To do good things in the world, first you must know who you are
and what gives meaning to your life.
~ Robert Browning

Think about it! : )

No comments: