Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!



Happy 2008! We ushered in the new year with a wonderful dinner made by a friend of my husband's, then hurried back to our 2nd annual neighborhood New Year's Eve party with 15 minutes to spare before midnight ushered in 2008. Before we walked the 3 houses down to the neighborhood party, I grabbed the new camera I got for Christmas. We toasted the new year with our great group of neighbors.

I've been taking lots of pictures, trying to be creative. My word for this year is creative. (One of my words.) I want to try to nurture my creative side this year. I'm having lots of fun with my new camera. . . . .still getting used to it. I've been taking pictures of our cat, my husband and my sons, our Christmas ornaments, our neighbors----lots of things! It is a nice digital camera, one I can use on automatic mode as well as set it on manual and control certain features. They call automatic the 'basic' zone and manual the 'creative' zone. I'm embracing the "digital" side of photography, because when we took our trip to Greece, I took a "regular" camera while my husband took his digital. We both got lots of great pictures, but I've been having a lot more fun 'playing' with his pictures on the computer. So, I'm officially 'digital' now! I can't wait to play with all the new pictures I'm taking with my new camera! : )

I saw a cool project on another website called 365 project. . . .check it out. I'm not sure I'd actually post all of my pictures but I think the idea is really neat. Part of trying to be creative this year!




No comments: