Monday, September 1, 2008

Corks and Canvas

After visiting so many art galleries in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Dave and I became inspired to come home and do some of our own artwork!!



Dave got his hundreds. . . .no, THOUSANDS. . . .of corks down from the rafters in the garage. He has been saving them for YEARS! He said that "someday" he wanted to do a "project." He wasn't sure what he was going to do with them, but he kept saving them. It got to the point where the boys and I suggested he build a boat with them, since he had SO many of them!

So he has spent days (literally) just sorting the corks into various categories: wine corks with names of wineries on them, plain corks, champagne corks, "old wine corks," etc. He got out a piece of wood to try to create something. . . .but still isn't sure what. But at least he's in a creative frame of mind!

I got a blank canvas out of the garage, that I've had for about 8 months now, to finally create a project I've had on my mind for that long. I really was inspired by all the different types of mediums that the artists used in Santa Fe. . . .they used all sorts of materials to create different textures and different colors and different types of artwork! So, I'm geared up to finally get a dose of creativity going, especially since I don't have to be working on Master's papers anymore! Yeah!! Inspiration and time ---- a creative person's dream! : )

As soon as one (or both) of us finish our projects, I'll post pictures. And, if you have any suggestions about what to do with thousands of corks, send them my way!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beth,

I sent a long e-mail a couple of weeks ago. Call me 406-534-4220 or e-mail cindyfreemancornell@gmail.com

brian and I are divorced.

Love you, Cindy