Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It was a fun, creative time!

My friend Michelle and I went over to a scrapbooking store in Vista to take two classes taught by Stephanie Ackerman. I follow Stephanie's blog, Homegrown Hospitality, and was thrilled when I saw she was teaching two classes at the Pink Pineapple Scrapbook Store.

Her first class was DOODLING. Okay, I love doodling; I'm a born doodler. And I love seeing the writing that Stephanie does on her blog, so I was excited to learn her "expertise" in the matter! Here's a sample of my first doodling, a tag with my name on it:

Michelle decided to doodle a word that (I think) pretty much sums up how she is all the time:

We even got to doodle my word for this year:


This picture was taken during my creation of my doodled create. I'll have to take a picture of the final product and show you how it turned out.



And finally, here's a picture of me with Stephanie:


So fun to meet her in person!


Her second class was a mini book, made from Kraft paper bags. She let us use lots of her ribbon and embellishments, and we were left to create at will. Michelle and I left before finishing, but we're both going to finish them (soon) and compare what our final products turned out to be. Michelle does a super job with mini books, so I feel the pressure to try to be extra creative. : )


All in all, it was a fun Friday night with an awesome friend, and a chance to meet someone in the paper/scrapbooking industry who is willing to share her creativity with others.

No comments: