Sunday, February 3, 2008

Six Degrees of Separation

Not only do I love 'creating' my blog, I love reading some of my other favorite blogs (I have some of them listed on the left under Favorite Blogs). I just entered a new one: Becky Higgins' blog. If you're a scrapbooker, you know that she writes articles for Creating Keepsakes magazine, and has lots of books published (my favorite one of hers is Creative Companion). Becky just created a "School Years Kit" that looks absolutely awesome. Watch her video clip on her blog to see it!

One of my favorite blogs is Lisa Bearnson's. You know, the Lisa Bearnson, editor of Creating Keepsakes, pretty much the 'guru' of scrapbooking! I was reading her post from Jan. 18th-- "Count down to my Big Day" (her birthday)--when she mentioned a restaurant that she loves named Food for Thought. She mentioned someone who works there named Tresa (which made me think, "Hey, I know someone named Tresa (pronounced Theresa but spelled differently) who used to live here but moved to Utah, and I know she works for a restaurant...."). Lisa wrote that she is friends with Tresa, "who is a big-time scrapbooker." (And I thought, the Tresa I know is a big-time, scrapbooker!) And of course I thought --- What are the odds that there's another person who spells their name Tresa, who lives in Utah, who is a big-time scrapbooker, who works at a restaurant?!!??! (But, of course, I checked with our friend Monica to make sure----and yes, it is indeed the same Tresa!) So now I'm excited for Tresa, to be friends with the Lisa Bearnson......and to know that I know someone personally that knows Lisa Bearnson!!!! You know, that whole six-degrees-of-separation thing. I'm separated from personally knowing Lisa Bearnson by only one other person! Okay, little things make me happy! And this definitely makes me happy! : )

Happy scrapbooking (or whatever CREATIVE endeavor you choose)!!

No comments: