Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Books


I really, really enjoyed reading Life Artist by Ali Edwards! Her book is full of ideas about how to "just scrapbook". . . .leaving all your hang-ups aside, embracing life, embracing imperfection, and just getting your story told. She truly is an inspiration to living a creative life!!

I'm still enjoying the wonderful words of Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat, Pray, Love. I've been eating with her through Italy and praying with her at the Ashram in India, and now that we're in Indonesia, I'm guessing we'll be doing some loving! Again, she is a wonderful author and I love all her metaphors. . . . ones that make me say, "Oh yeah, that's exactly what it's like!" even though I would never have thought of it in that way before reading her words. Great book!


*****************************************************************

And now I'm thinking of the new books I want to read. Here are two on my list:


I have like 10,000 pictures. And I am not exaggerating! My 'boys' are 22 and 20. I have pictures of indoor soccer games, outdoor soccer games, t-ball, games, minor-A games, minor-B games, majors, pony league, pop-warner football, volleyball, high-school football games, broken arms, stitches, Halloween pictures, Christmas pictures, birthdays. . . . . .well, you get the picture. (Pun intended). So I've been reading about Stacy Julian's new book, Photo Freedom, which is supposed to be a treasure trove of how to deal with all the pictures without being overwhelmed. And even though I'm making a dent in the thousands of pictures I have, I still feel like I need help. The book can be pre-ordered on line (through Creating Keepsakes) but I want to spend the money locally if I can (yes, I'm one of those types of people) so I asked Gena at Cool Scrapbook Stuff to call me when they got their order into the store. I'm hoping this new book will help me get my act together when it comes to my stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks of pictures!


Another book I read about on various blogs of my favorite creative people was this book, 52 Random Acts of Everyday Creativity. First of all, since my word for this year is create, this book seems like a natural way to kick-start some creative juices in me. As their site states: "52 Projects is an exploration of your creativity -- from the culinary to the literary to the artistic". I like that it stretches you in many different areas of creativity. I'll let you know how it is!

Happy Reading! : )

No comments: