Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summertime, summertime, sum .. sum...  summertime.  Oh wait; summertime is officially here, but me?  My first day of summer vacation, I decided to . . . go to a class.  Yep, 8:00 AM in the morning, there I was, sitting with about 30 other teachers, learning about (drum roll please) --- Common Core Standards for Math! I know, sounds extra exciting, doesn't it?  But I felt it was important to attend.  And no, it didn't end with just Monday's meeting.  I got to go again on Tuesday, and I'll be there again on Friday!! 

Who says teachers have ALL SUMMER off?!?!  Lots of us go to trainings, read trade books, write lessons plans, and do other planning over the summer.  It's just how we roll.

And next week . . . I'll be rolling into summertime for sure, with a trip to the desert and lots of sunshine.  Let the summer begin!

No comments: