Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Always lots TO DO!

Spring Break has come and gone (insert *crying* here).  I had my "things to do list":

* Read Hunger Games
* Redo son Mike's bedroom
*Help friend Amy move into/decorate new home

So how did I do on my "to do"?

* Help friend Amy move into/decorate new home
The movers came, and I helped by providing moral support . . .
and being the official photographer, so we can get together and
scrapbook the move at a later date.  I also helped my friend pick
out some new items for her new place, and volunteered my husband
and his truck to pick up the items from the store and drive them
over to the new house. Her  new place looks wonderful . . .
she's just too far away from me now!























 













* Redo son Mike's room

It may not look like much right now, but we did a LOT
of work on the room! This shows the floor sans carpeting ---
which my husband and I tore up. Of course, then you have
the tack strip and the nails to deal with, and the glue, and
the dirt that has accumulated over the past 20 years or so!
We had to work on it over a few days.  Right now it's staying
concrete, to be covered temporarily by an area rug --- long-term,
we'll put in hardwood floors.


* Read The Hunger Games

Didn't read it.  Didn't even crack open the cover.  :-(
No real reason, just got busy with other things.
So my friends still can't talk about the movie in
front of me --- don't want to hear about it until
I've read the book first!



So, I did just okay on my to do list, but I got a lot done over Spring Break . . . including lots of sleeping in and relaxing, which is, of course, the best use of a week's vacation!

No comments: