Friday, July 16, 2010

Diet dilemma

Last night I blew my diet, big time.  Dave & I went to The Prado restaurant (in Balboa Park) with some friends for a wine dinner.  I thought I could be semi-good, but the menu I thought they were serving was not the one they had last night.  This was the menu:

"Reception" --- Pommes Frites with Romesco Sauce   (Okay, these were glorified french fries!!)  served with Moet and Chandon champagne.

First Course --- Seared Diver Caught Maine Scallops wrapped with Prosciutto, black truffles, wild Oregon mushrooms, red wine reduction, rosemary oil --- served with a Pinot Grigio

Second Course ---  California Spiny Lobster Salad, apricot & fennel, dressed in a dijon truffle vinaigrette --- served with a Bordeaux Blanc    (Our least favorite course)

Third Course --- Foie Gras Crusted Organic Veal Chop, grilled peaches and summer corn, blueberry gastrique --- served with a Bordeaux Rogue   (Everyone raved about this dish --- the veal chopped was excellent!)

Dessert ---  Ricotta Cheesecake Tart, dark Belgian spiced sauce, pear crisp & seasonal berries --- served with a port-like dessert wine.    (At this point, I figured I might as well eat some of this too, since I had eaten all the other courses & had the wine.  I'm glad I did . . . it was absolutely delicious!!)


Now, back to yogurt and oatmeal, and lean and green meals.   Yummy!    

1 comment:

aj said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh . . . but if you're going to abandon your diet for a day, THAT is the way to do it!!! A treat like that every so often is supposed to be GOOD for keeping you on track anyhow! Besides, you DESERVE an amazing treat like that!