Thursday, November 13, 2008

A wonderful day

I went to my friend Holly's house for a 'birthday tea'. . . a tradition she started many years ago to help me celebrate my birthday. She moved to Minnesota for the last few years, so we haven't been able to get together. But she's back, and she invited me over to her house for tea. Her youngest son was sleeping when I got there, but luckily he woke up before I left--- he was born in Minnesota, so I had never met him before today. Her middle son was just a baby with pudgy cheeks when they left, and he is a beautiful kindergarten student now. Her oldest, a daughter, is just as precious as I remember. I remember when she was just a baby, and Holly and I would go out for coffee or lunch, and the waitresses always came over just to see this beautiful child, with her striking blond hair. Here's a glimpse at the cuties:

How lucky I am to have such a great friend as Holly, and how thankful I am to have her back in California so I can watch her kids grow up!

Hope you had an equally wonderful day!

No comments: