Monday, November 23, 2009

Age, weight, and fall decorating

I know, what do those three things have in common? Well, read below . . .


Here's what 54 looks like:
Not bad, I think. (Dave took this picture of me on Nov. 12th, the day after my birthday.) You can't really tell from the picture, but I am letting my hair go gray, so that's definitely a hint that I'm getting older. But I think it's not too bad for a fifty-four year old!

And those of you who know me well can see that I have recently lost weight. How much? A lot. In fact, while decorating for fall, I realized I had lost the equivalent of three of these:

Yes, I've lost the weight of three (of this size) pumpkins. Feels pretty good. For a fifty-four year old! : )

2 comments:

aj said...

You look FABULOUS!!! Congrats on the weight loss! I'm not quite brave enough to let my hair go 'au natural' just yet. Having too much fun with asking for my senior discount and being told I don't look old enough. lol

Looking forward to 'Beth-o-rama' 2010! We need to 'set the date' pretty soon. Terry and Sam are BOTH retired now, so they have no excuse to not come too!

aj

Beth said...

Thanks, AJ! I still can't get used to being two sizes down from just six months or so ago!

Ha---I hadn't thought about your 'Beth-o-rama' 2010 for awhile. :-) The whole idea still cracks me up (in a good way)!